The Center for Aquatic Sciences is happy to offer workshops to compliment the Girl Scout Journeys and Boy Scout badges with hands on activities, live animals and science! Workshops can accommodate up to 30 scouts and 3 leaders (only scouts working on the Journey or badge may attend the workshop. Tag-alongs are welcome to enjoy the aquarium during the workshop, and meet up with the group afterwards.). The cost is $75 per ˝-hour workshop, plus the cost of group admission. Please note: Scout workshops at the aquarium are designed to complement the topics covered on your scouts’ Journey or badge. Workshops do not include completion of the Journey workbook, nor do they fulfill all badge requirements.
Please also see our Wild Field Programs page for unique, immersive outdoor experiences for scouts.
- Scouts can choose from the ½ hour classes listed below
- $75 for half hour classroom lesson, up to 30 Scouts, and 3 additional chaperones
- Scouts can also book a ½ hour Top of Ocean Realm tour ($75 for up to 25 people)
While each of the workshops below were designed to assist in specific Journeys, Girl Scout Leaders can feel free to book any of the workshops below. Please let your Group Reservationist know which level of Scouts your girls are in so that the workshop can better be tailored to their age group.
- Juniors: Women in Science/Careers at an Aquarium
- Designed to assist in the completion of the aMuse Journey, Scouts will learn about women in science careers, and different careers at the Aquarium that help us take care of our animal collection.
- Brownies: Who Needs Water?
- Designed to assist in the completion of the WOW Journey, we’ll look at different animals, how they use water, and how Scouts can help care for these animals and their habitats.
- Daisies: Take Care
- Designed to assist in the completion of the “Bird Bath Award”, Daisy Scouts will learn about several animals that make good pets, and others that do not, and how animal professionals care for these animals.
While each of the workshops below were designed to assist in specific badge, Boy/Cub Scout Leaders can feel free to book any of the workshops below. Please let your Group Reservationist know which level of Scouts your boys are in so that the workshop can better be tailored to their age group.
Using live animals, animal artifacts, and hands-on science, we’ll provide your scouts an introduction to any of the following Merit Badge topics:
- Boy Scouts:
- Reptile and Amphibian Study
- Bird Study
- Environmental Science
- Fish and Wildlife Management
- Soil and Water Conservation
- Cub Scouts:
- Spirit of the Water
- Critter Care
- Super Science
- Adventures in Science
- Into the Wild
Please call 856-361-1025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to reserve your program.